Learning Objectives for the Certified International Recovery Coach & Recovery Companion Training
- Describe the roles and functions of a recovery coach & sober companion
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Discuss co-occurring disorders and medicated assisted recovery
- Describe stages of change and their applications
- Address ethical issues
- Experience wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
- The focus on Day One of the IRSI Certified International Recovery Coach & Recovery Companion Training Programme is to create a safe learning environment where new knowledge transfer can occur and basic assumptions and values can be challenged. Furthermore, participants will get a firm foundation in terminology, role clarification, knowledge about the different kind of addictions such as process, chemical and destructive behavior.
- The focus of Day Two is to examine the optimal ways of working with people. Both knowledge acquisition and skill development in our role as recovery coaches & sober companion will be accomplished.
- Day Three has a knowledge acquisition on recovery models and change models as well as a strong focus on skill development in motivating others to change.
- Day Four has two distinct components: knowledge and skill development on issues of spirituality, cultural competence and ethics; an immersion into the recovery resources in different cities and how to access them.
- Day Five is primarily concerned with the actualisation of becoming a Recovery Coach & Recovery Companion, and the responsibilities that come with the role.
Supervision is a follow-up after you have successfully completed the full course. Just like any other reputable institute of education, at IRSI you don't get credit and/or certification just for showing up and "keeping a seat warm". You have to exhibit an understanding of the materials through a brief online test followed by an hour of face-to-face video call with one of our teachers to talk through a case scenario. Once you have successfully completed this section, you will receive your continuing education units (varies by country) as well as your international certification!